Cynthia has always been an advocate for those who have found their lives turned upside down because of injuries due to some other person or entity’s negligence. She is passionate about her career and takes to heart the needs of her clients. She is an active and prominent local attorney.
Verdicts & Settlements
Cynthia has received many verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million for her clients. In 1996 she received the highest personal injury verdict for the entire United States, in the total sum of $94,500,000.00.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Super Lawyer since the inception of the honor in 2007 and continues to receive this honor each and every year since then.
- Named a Top 100 Lawyer in 2010 and every year since then.
- Received the Wiedemann Wysocki Citation of Excellence from the American Association for Justice
- Appeared on many news shows, and highlighted numerous times in print and other media, including Eye to Eye with Connie Chung
- In 2021 is being presented with the first Betty Friedlander Award of Excellence from the NYSBA Trial Lawyers Section
- Named a Pioneering Woman Lawyer for the New York State Pioneering Women Lawyer Oral History Project, by the Gender Fairness Committee of the Third Judicial District, Chaired by Hon. Rachel Kretser (ret.), and highlighted in a podcast about Cynthia LaFave’s Life and Career
- Member of Board of Directors of Mohawk Hudson Humane Society from 2012 to 2021, Chair of Board of Directors 2017-2021
- Member (2016-2019); Chair Albany County Democratic Committee, Judicial Qualifications Committee (2016-2017)
- Member NYS Magistrate’s Association 1984 to the present
- Town of New Scotland Town Justice 1984-1988
- Continuous lecturing for Continuing Legal Education for the American Association for Justice; American Trial Lawyers Association; New York State Bar Association; Capital Region Bar Association; New York State Trial Lawyer’s Associations; New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and others
- Outstanding Student Leadership Award, SUNY Brockport, 1978
Bar & Professional Activity
- Past President of the NYS Trial Lawyers Association, Capital Region Affiliate
- Past Vice President for the NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers, Third Judicial Department
- Member of the Board of Directors of the NYS Trial Lawyers since 1996 to the present
- Past Delegate for the NYS Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, NYS Magistrate’s Association
- Member American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member Capital Region Trial Lawyers Association
Cynthia is the proud mom of Hannah, Seth, Susanne and Sorawit. She loves dogs and horses, and enjoys spending time in the county, swimming, cooking and music.
Cynthia LaFave joined the Gender Fairness Committee of the Third Judicial District, chaired by Hon. Rachel Kretser (ret.), for its continuing series on pioneering women attorneys in the region. Listen below.
* The NBTA is not affiliated with any governmental authority. Certification is not a requirement for the practice of law in the State of New York and does not necessarily indicate greater competence than other attorneys experienced in the field of law.
What Our Clients Say About Us
“LaFave, Wein & Frament prepared me for everything I had to face and were with me every step of the way. The atmosphere and kindness of everyone at the firm made me very comfortable and relaxed. I received the maximum allowed under the law and never even had to set foot into a courtroom. I’ll always be grateful.”
Contact Us Today For a Free Consultation
Contact us today so that we can begin our conversation.
We protect and fight for our clients. See how LaFave, Wein & Frament, PLLC can fight for you.