Cynthia has always been an advocate for those who have found their lives turned upside down because of injuries due to some other person or entity’s negligence. She is passionate about her career and takes to heart the needs of her clients. She is an active and prominent local attorney.
Cynthia is board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Trial Advocacy. *
Verdicts & Settlements
Cynthia has received many verdicts and settlements in excess of one million dollars for her clients. In 1996 she received the highest personal injury verdict for the entire United States, in the total sum of $94,500,000.00.
Honors & Awards
- Named a SuperLawyer 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Top 100 Lawyers, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers, President’s Award, 2008
- Wiedemann Wysocki Citation of Excellence, American Association for Justice
- Appeared on Eye to Eye with Connie Chung
Bar & Professional Activity
- Past Vice President for the Third Judicial Department, NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Past President of the Capital Region Affiliate of the NYS Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Past President of the Albany County Bar Association
- Delegate to the NYS Bar Association
- Member American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Capital Region Trial Lawyers Association
- Named to the 2011 National Trial Lawyers, which is a peer reviewed selection of the top 100 lawyers in NYS
- Membership into the National Trial Lawyers association which is limited to a select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state that practice exclusively civil plaintiff or criminal defense law
- New York State Pioneering Women Lawyer Oral History Project, 2019
- Super Lawyer Top Attorneys in the Hudson Valley since the inception of the Honor in 2007 through the present
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers from 2015 to the present
- Board of Directors of the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society from 2012 to present, chair from 2010 to present
Scholarly Lectures & Writings
- Cynthia has continually been selected as a Continuing Legal Education Lecturer helping less experienced attorneys in the areas of Trial Law
- She has been a speaker for the American Association of Justice
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital Region Trial Lawyer’s Association
- New York State Trial Lawyer’s Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyer’s and many other organizations
Other Outstanding Achievements
Cynthia served as the Chair of the Albany County Judicial Qualifications Committee. She has also worked on many projects for many associations educating the public about their rights under the law. She further receives referrals in the areas of personal injury and medical malpractice from lawyers both locally and nationally. She was the Town Justice for the Town of New Scotland for a period of time. Cynthia is on the Board of Directors of the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society in Menands, NY. Cynthia is the Upstate New York coordinator for the Public Justice Foundation. Cynthia is on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers.
Cynthia graduated from SUNY Brockport. Upon graduation was awarded the Outstanding Student Leadership Award. She was the Director of Communications under which she oversaw the College newspaper, the College Pennysaver, the College Radio Station, the College Literary Magazine and the College Television Station. She was Editor in Chief of the Student Newspaper; Selected for Who’s Who in Colleges and Universities: Editor in Chief of the Literary Magazine: Chairperson of the Media Activities Board: Director of Communications for the Student Government. She participated in the History Honor’s Program; and maintained a Dean’s List cumulative average academically. She spent her Junior Year abroad at Nottingham University in England, 1978. Cynthia then graduated from Syracuse University College of Law. She was awarded the Best Direct Examiner.
Cynthia is the proud mom of Hannah, Seth, and Sorawit. She loves dogs and horses, and enjoys spending time in the county, swimming, cooking and music.
* The NBTA is not affiliated with any governmental authority. Certification is not a requirement for the practice of law in the State of New York and does not necessarily indicate greater competence than other attorneys experienced in the field of law.